Friday, July 30, 2010

Building MY own healthy network

Who do you surround yourself with? What type of people are they? Supportive? Understanding? Compassionate? Motivating? If your answer is no, then why are you around them?


I've made it a point to pay attention to my surroundings. I choose to remain positive. I choose to look at the bright side of most everything. In the past, I have chosen to be friends (or at least try to be) with a lot of negative people. I couldn't understand why my life was so unsatisfying. I was married to a VERY unhappy person. His unhappiness led to the rest of us living in misery as well. We were lacking love, understanding, compassion, and companionship.


The past is...what it is. The past. I now have surrounded myself with happy, healthy, loving people. It is amazing what a difference the people around us can make in our lives. Most of the time, said people don't even realize the impact they have on others. I read an article online by Jillian Michaels about building your own healthy network. I was excited and encouraged while reading the advice. I have already chosen that path.


Where are you in your life? Are you on the path to a healthy life? Would you like to join me on my journey? I will welcome all the supportive, understanding, compassionate, and motivating people that come my way! If you don't fall into that category, then take your cookies and ho-ho's to the next table please. OH, and have a nice day =D

1 comment:

Jennifer Murray said...

I KNEW I was going to be in trouble for baking those cookies last night!!!! :)