Tuesday, July 26, 2011

To FLY or not to FLY

Yesterday, I didn't make my bed. I didn't swish & swipe. I didn't have a location all set up for my Zumba class. I was sitting in my pj's playing on my computer when I got the text message stating that Destiny Life Church would be kind enough to let us use their facility. That was around 8:22 am. The class was supposed to start at 9:30 am...and I still had to get my daughter up, both of us dressed, fed, and on the road for our 30 minute drive. Thankfully, we were able to make it all put together and on time. I didn't fix my hair first, or put on my make-up like I usually do. I didn't complete any of my morning routine. 

I was feeding Little Lemonhead his lunch...pb & j sandwich, of course...when I realized at 1:24 pm that we had a 1 pm appointment in Tulsa. Luckily, the therapist was considerate enough to just have a phone conference with us instead of canceling the appointment and charging us a $25 fee. Ugh! I checked my calendar the night before. Part of my morning routine is to check my calendar for appointments. Dr. Conger commented that he would like for us to bring all things FLY Lady that we had at our disposal next session. He would like to help encourage the use of it. I think it is actually a great idea! 
Dinner went well. Fried chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn. Go to meal and comfort food all in one dish. Perfect. After dinner the Big Lemonhead and I took the Little Lemonhead outside. Once he saw his sister get in the pool, he became interested in getting in. So we had a huge Lemon party in the pool for at least an hour. When we came back inside, Little Lemonhead was beside himself with grief from being removed from the water before he was willing. So we let him play in the bathtub. Needless to say...I went to bed without shinning the sink...or doing the dishes. I tossed and turned in bed until around 2 am. 

I wasn't able to pull of my morning routine as scheduled this morning...because I still had left over dishes from the night before. The trash men came and left around 6 am this morning and our can was nicely resting far from it's designated spot. So now we have a full trash can and get to deal with the pleasures of that for another week. Is it a necessity to FLY daily? No. Can I only function if I follow a stringent list of to-do's and plans for each day? No. I can continue to muddle through. I know I will have a LONG list of things still on my to-do list. I will forget to meet up with someone for something. I will run behind all day long because I remembered at the last minute that something needed done. 

FLYing isn't for everyone. I can certainly see where it IS for me =) Let me know if you want some help in getting started with the FLY Lady. I have a lot of backup to work with you!

2 comments:

Jen said...

We used to go to Dr. Conger as well. He is a fabulous man! And yes, he is very supportive of Flylady and the system of routines for the entire household :)

Sabrina Lemons said...

How funny...because when we told him about it...he acted as if he had never heard of it before. It is interesting to me how the professional world is made of people that pretend to know...and then people that really do know!