Friday, January 27, 2012

All My Friends Are Doing It!

Yes, all of my friends are doing it! Not me though, because I am not a follower. I walk down my own path.

But not because I want too. I want to be a follower. All of my friends are taking steps to enrich their lives. Most of them are finding exciting and fun ways to add exercise to their lives. They are losing pounds beyond anyone's expectations! 

I can't follow them. I am gaining the pounds they are losing! I changed my Zumba schedule to accommodate the school time that I need. Now, instead of leading four or five classes a week, I am only enjoying two a week. I have noticed things that are different since I changed my schedule. 

Sore! Yes, that is right...less class time means more soreness! When I had a full schedule I very rarely experienced any muscle soreness. I can certainly feel every squat, arm raise, or crunch now! Good grief!

Weight gain. Since I backed myself down to two classes I have packed on almost ten pounds! I can feel it for sure! My cargo's are tighter, my neck feels all bulgy and gross. I won't go into any further detail about that.


I get far more excited about each class than I used too. I've always looked forward to class. Spending time with amazing people, sharing successes in our journey, encouraging each other when we notice one needs it, like a family does! I guess it's true what they say about absence making the heart grow fonder. 


I still get mounds and mounds of encouragement! Just the other day, like she knew I needed to hear it, a friend sent me a message to let me know that her group of four friends have lost a total of 119.8 pounds since starting Zumba! That is PHENOMENAL!!!


I'm ready to get on board. I want to join the crowd. I have close to twenty pounds to lose. A little secret though? It's just about all I can do to manage the workouts I get right now. I am taking pain medicine that gives me the whoozies, makes me feel slow and unintelligible, but makes the pain go away, even if only for a few hours. 


I'm getting it fixed. Slow and steady wins the race, right? I'm getting another injection February 2nd. I am more than overjoyed at the thought that by the middle of February I will be pain free again. All I can say for that time period is "Look out world, here I come!"


Until then, hope y'all have fun in your exercise adventures! I'll see ya in about a week and a half!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember a year ago, Dec 19th, 2010 to be exact when you were in my kitchen talking about becoming an instructor :) Youve come far... I only know this via facebook (lol) but still, you have come far!

Robin said...

Sabrina, it makes me cry to hear that you don't see what an amazing person you really are. Anytime you feel down on yourself, you look at all those people in your zumba classes. Every single one of them are there because of YOU and your motivation and inspriation. We started our challenges and our new lifestyle all because you gave us the motivation we needed. Sometimes nature forces us to slow down. If you were doing too much, nature has now made you slow down, use the time with your family, friends, and yourself.

Sabrina Lemons said...

Thank you both for the extremely kind words! <3