Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Green Hair!

You read that title right! I am going green. I have put green (aquamarine) peek-a-boo highlights in my hair before. That is not what I am referring to this time though. Maybe another time!

I usually use Garnier Fruictis Sleek & Shine in my hair after every shower. I don't know that it really does much. I just feel better about myself after I use it. 

In my recent journey to becoming more of a granola mom and frugal, I decided I would see what I could do to minimize the $3.99 bottle and make it a healthier version (chemical free) for my hair. 

I found this website and decided I would give it a try. I went to Whole Foods to get the supplies because I didn't want to mess with ordering it all online and didn't know where else to get them. I think next time (if there is one) I will get the supplies online. I am not sure how many uses I will get out of this attempt, or how effective it is going to be, but dropping $42 on the counter just so I could say I made it myself is CRAZY!!!


I am also going to add my own mix to this recipe and see what happens. I am a natural brunette. I have some red in my hair as well. I have a lengthy list of things that I want to use my money for and if I can manage to not have to pay to have my hair professionally done then I am one up on my goal. Instead of using plain purified water, I steeped some black cohosh tea in the water. Maybe it will help keep my hair a pretty color? I don't know, maybe my hair will wind up being green after all!



No comments: