Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Dinner with Lemons Cinco De Mayo!!!!

Wouldn't it have been nice of me to plan ahead and create some sort of mexican dish to celebrate the significance of today. It would have been nice...but I didn't...I modified this dish just a little bit. I used whole wheat penne because I couldn't find ziti. My family doesn't really enjoy a meatless meal, so I added some cheapy Kielbasa sausage. I chopped it into bite size pieces and threw it in a skillet with some EVOO while the pasta was cooking. It is on sale at Walmart right now for $2.50 a package. I didn't realize when I picked this recipe that the squash was a separate dish. I omitted the Lima beans because no one else but me likes those and we had the squash for a veggie.
We haven't officially eaten this meal yet, as it is still cooking. Here is the link to the recipe...http://www.5dollardinners.com/2008/09/baked-ziti.html I am most positive that the fam will love it. Hope you try it out!
Again, friends and family...I strongly suggest that you check out 918moms.com and search a little farther on the 5dollardinners.com website. I am on a mission to eat well and eat cheap!

No comments: