Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Logan is almost here :)










I am pleased as punch that I have made it this far. Logan is almost here :) I went to the OB Dr. today. I am 35 weeks. I was given a "Hooty Booty" test. Dr. Nilson refers to it this way because they swab your hooty and around your booty. He measured Logan while he was doing the ultrasound. He didn't mention the measurements. So far I have gained a total of 15 lbs. He took some more pics.
It looks like Logan is chubby, but I am not sure. If he is I will just adore him that much more:) The Dr gave me the 5 things to call him about. There is the obvious, if my water breaks; if I begin having contractions that are 5 minutes apart for an hour; fluid leakage that cannot be distinguished between fetal fluid or urine; Period like bleeding; finally, lack of fetal movement. I have to monitor Logans movement three times a day now. I have to count his kicks for an hour. I have to have at least 6 kicks in an hour three times a day. If I cannot get that, or if any of the other things happen, then I have to call the Dr.




He explained to me that he is a 38+ week Doctor. If I am past 38 weeks and have a certain percentage of dialation and effacing and tell him that I want to have this kid now he will induce. If I want to wait until Logan is ready to get here, then I will make it that long. I had Chris & Kayla on their due dates so it is likely that I will do the same with this one. I have felt some pains that I believe to be contractions. They have not had a pattern at all, so I have not been concerned.




He also explained to me that hip pain is one of the most common complaints he hears. He has some stretches that may or may not work. He forgot to give them to me. Last night I slept with a pillow close to my ankles and managed to sleep most of the night. I will try that again tonight and then call him tomorrow to see what they have. It is VERY obvious now by the latest anatomy picture that Logan is a boy. I am a believer now :)
All in all things are going very well :D

3 comments:

Annie said...

We need to set up a class!! I have tons of stretches and positions for you!! And I have the "when to call the doctor" list in my handbook! How exciting!!

Sabrina Lemons said...

It is! BTW...he said he needed to squelch the rumor that he would induce :) I didn't tell him where I was told that or by who. He was excited to see me at the hospital the other night.

Kayla said...

mommy i know he is i saw hinm at the hospital