Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Dinner with Lemons May 18, 2009

I experimented around with this one. I used the whole cut up chicken that I got at Marvin's in Chouteau on their 10 for $10 sale. I put it in a casserole dish and covered it with some Jim Bean Bourbon Marinade. I got the marinade at Reasors for around $3.00. I baked it in the oven on 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours. It probably could be cooked faster at a higher setting, but I had the time. I used some leftover mashed potato's to mix with some new mashed potato's. I only had to use four potato's and had way to much left over. I chopped up some leftover broccoli from my baby shower and boiled it with the potato's. I mashed it all together with the already left over potato's. I used the drippings in the pan from the chicken and added 3 tbsp of flour and about a cup of water and made the yummiest gravy. This meal was awesome :) The kids loved the chicken...Chris ate four pieces and Kayla ate two! The best part was, I got them to eat a ton of broccoli by mixing it into the "green" mashed potato's :) This was a very simply, inexpensive, yummy meal!

No comments: