Sunday, August 28, 2011

Flexor digitorum brevis

Flexor digitorum brevis

Did you know that was a muscle? Me neither. Until I made it sore. How is that even possible? I noticed it hurting a couple of hours after my completion of the C25K plan for the day. It is a muscle that I guess is underdeveloped. See here for details. 

I guess I'm going to have to strengthen that muscle pretty quickly if I'm going to start running on a regular basis. It seems like this is the best way to strengthen the muscle. What craziness!

2 comments:

Samara Sant said...

Okay, but my gym doesn't have a barbell like that, so now what?

Sabrina Lemons said...

I've never seen a barbell like that before! I honestly don't know what to do. I'm going to ice and massage them tomorrow after my morning Zumba class and hope that it helps!