Sunday, August 28, 2011

Jeepers, Creepers, babies and more

Yesterday I got up and at 'em at 5 am. I had a lot to do and I wanted to include working out into that. I was at the gym beginning my C25K program. It is amazing how few people are out and about before 7 am on a Saturday morning.


On my way out the door I noticed that one of my best gal pals had posted a blog. Her hubby is out of town on business and her dog is not liking it. Mac had her up at a very unreasonable time of the morning. There might have possibly been an axe murder outside of her home. Thank goodness for Mac and his incessant barking. It was more likely a cat running amok, but the axe murder sounded much more suspensful!
I was one of three people (including the employee) at the gym. The other person was an older man that just didn't really seem to fit the 'athletic' mold. He is probably someone that walks the track for a way to pass the time. In my mind though, that initial thought running through my head, it says creeper. 

He opened the door for me to walk into the gym. He was a walker so he went one direction on the track and I went the other. The first five or so passes I made sure to smile when we crossed paths, all the while trying to figure out just why this man would be out this early walking a track at a gym. Once I started jogging though, even for only 60 seconds at a time, my ability to focus on the creeper (or notsomuch) was replaced by the overwhelming need to breath. My pace slowed as the 20 minute program ran on. By the end of time period of running/(more like wogging) walking was coming to an end, "lap 23...breath in...breath in...breath out..." were the only thoughts I was capable of forming. 

Finished my workout and then headed to WalMart. The guy that parked across from me had to have been one of the members of ZZ Top only he was crackhead small. The athletic guy that continued to cross my path every couple of aisles struck me as odd because he was wearing flip flops. I REALLY wanted to look in his basket to see what such a fit man would buy, but I couldn't get past noticing he was wearing flip flops. I do remember that he grabbed a bag of potato chips, allowing me to hold my head a little higher since I had zero junk in my cart. Athletic guy was in the check out line just before me. ZZ Top Crackhead was walking through the exit just in front of me. While loading my groceries into my truck, Athletic Guy pulls up in his mini van and says "You shur are purddy". All I was able to do was say thank you politely with a smile and continue loading my groceries. Why in the heck were all of the creepers out with similar goals around me? Guess it was just my morning!

I managed to whip up a pretty yummy quiche for the fam and left to meet Amanda. She was nice enough to invite me along to Just Between Friends where we both scored some pretty fabulous deals! The company was great! Her husbands friend took us all out to eat lunch at PF Changs Bistro. I had never been there before. It was really good! Not so great on my meal plan and calorie count, but good nonetheless. 
I was able to get home, walk in the door, sit down for around 10 minutes, and I was off and running again. This time I was headed to Jen's house to pick up some much needed guides for my Accounting class. Of course, I was welcomed into Jen's home with a hug and smile and a "Hello Miss Sabrina". I love that kid! Chas is such a polite and considerate young man! After hearing my smartypants remark about being sleepy, Jen poured me a very delicious cup of coffee and had me taste her very scrumptious treat. We were blessed with each others company for less than 30 minutes, but it did my soul some good to see her. 
I decided to take a little side trip home. Who knew that the route from Catoosa to Inola would take you through Claremore for a pedicure? Crazy, I know! I justified my indulgence by reading my MIS book while I was being pampered. There was a guy there (I guess he could have passed as a creeper as well) getting a pedi done. I don't see that as incredibly off. I'm okay with manscaping to a degree. In my honest opinion, all feet are ugly. Pedi's are just a method of pampering for me, but perhaps a necessity for others to avoid in grown toenails or remove unwanted callouses. This man? Was extremely particular about the type of polish and nail are they were putting on his toes. What the? I was going to share a pic with you, but I can't figure out how to get it from my phone to my computer without uploading it to Facebook first. 

That was the end of my adventure with the creepers =)

1 comment:

Jen said...

I was so happy to see you today too! But you're right, it wasn't long enough. We need to remedy that. <3