Saturday, February 19, 2011

Whatchu Say?

I know that I've neglected to write for a while. I was on such a great streak...writing a new positive post daily...then life got busy and I got distracted. Story of my life. 

I spent my time from 9:00 am until 1:00 pm knowing that I needed to get the assigned reading done for my school assignments. All the while I found so many other things that just HAD to be done. 

The kitchen floor needed swept. I hate walking around and feeling dirt through my socks. Then I realized that the back living room needed vacuumed. Logan plays back there and I could see the rocks and grass on the carpet! That is an absolute priority to fix! Oh, and the dishes needed done, the laundry needed started, and of course, I just HAD to Facebook for a while!

A terrific friend of mine suggested that I check out the Fly Lady website. I don't know about you, but my time is precious and limited, so I didn't spend much time on the site. I did get to read about setting a timer for yourself. See how much you can accomplish in 15 minutes. You would really be surprised. I had done it before and was proud of my accomplishments. So this afternoon I set the timer again. From 1:00 pm until 7:30 pm., I read all of the material I needed for my assignments that are due tomorrow. I got most of the dishes washed, all of the laundry done, the baby down for a nap, half of my assignment done, and when the baby woke up we played outside for about an hour! It is truly amazing what you can accomplish.

The little Lemons is fighting sleep hardcore now. I figured this would be a perfect time to update the blog. I have several that I follow, so I was checking out their updates on my dashboard. TipJunkie has a TON of fantastic resources for blogging...and I almost lost myself in it. Then I read this on www.eightcrazydesigns.com: 

"You never get a second chance at a first impression. Your website or your blog IS your first impression to most of the world. It should be an accurate reflection of what your business is about or  what you as an individual want to convey."

As much as I wanted to keep reading and searching the site, the words just kept slapping my mind around. I was forced to consider what my blog said about me. I have neglected my blog for quite a while. As women, don't we usually neglect ourselves to tend to the needs of others? 

As my blog shows...I can be funny, creative, witty, smart, angry, and absent. That last trait is the one that bothers me the most. I don't like it when I am absent. Sometimes, when the world is running high speed around you, stop! Reflect. Realize. Regroup. Re-enlist! 

~Watch for more of the Lemons Life soon!!!

No comments: