Friday, March 25, 2011

Positively Positive

Goodness me! There have been a lot of attempts to thwart my positively positive attitude lately. There have been SERIOUS family issues, aching muscles, disruptive sleeping patterns, and the list goes on. I sent a text message to my girls yesterday about my latest IHOP experience. I'll touch briefly on it since I promised I would share my experience.

If you are interested in trying some chicken and waffles (doesn't sound appetizing to me), I suggest that you avoid the recently opened IHOP in Catoosa. You know the panhandlers that you see at the off-ramps of most of the local highways? I believe that the owners of the store employed one of them to run the store. He decided that it would be a neat trick to get some of the construction workers from the "dysfunction junction" project to play host and server. Now, not only will the project on the highway take even longer because the guys responsible for sweeping the dirt of the construction site are busy serving drinks and food up the road, but you can also enjoy the "I'm in no hurry and always on break" mentality while you are waiting on your vanilla latte and butter pecan pancakes. What a bonus! Right? Hopefully there will be a help wanted sign posted in the parking lot soon. I truly believe the place needs a new leader!

My QOTD group asked:  "What role do people play in your life? For how long do you think you could stand to be alone?"

I don't remember my exact response...but it entailed a nice comfy bed, yummy food, sandy beaches, and drinks with my sister. I would be able to recover from my extended period of sleep deprivation. I would regain my love of food. Nature can be very therapeutic and I could enjoy plenty of while laying out on the sandy beach. And I don't get enough time with my sister, so that too would be extremely therapeutic. 

I would be able to come back from my vacation revived. More enthusiastic about Zumba (yes, it is possible), school, and well...just life in general! I will take any donations that are offered in my attempt to remain positively positive!!! 

2 comments:

Jen said...

Take me with you!!!!!

Sabrina Lemons said...

Wouldn't it be fantastic!?!?!?!?!?