Sunday, November 27, 2011

Christmas with a capital 'C'

Much to my dismay, I wasn't able to stick with the Embrace Reasons To Win challenge that I gave myself. Life just got so crazy! I was flying high!!! Then hurt my back and fell down hard to the bottom. I was bad to myself! I ate whatever I wanted to, whenever I wanted to. I was grumpy. That took up about 12 days of the month. For those that may have been looking for my posts...I apologize for not keeping up with it!

The countdown is now on my friends! Do you realize...we have just under 5 weeks left this year! Wow! It's time to start breaking out all of the traditions...and decorations...and music for the Christmas season! 

As a child, I always looked forward to December. It's my birthday month...and of course, what kid doesn't look forward to Christmas! When my kids were little, I still had great excitement involved for the month. 

As my children have started to grow up, I have seen the err of my own ways. I didn't spend much time with them when they were little teaching them about Christmas. I was always concerned about them feeling loved enough. I like to show my affections with gifts and food! It is always a tradition to spend the holiday meals at my parents house, so I didn't really have much to add for food. I way overdid it with gifts.

Now that is the only thing my older kids focus on...and it makes this season less than fun. At the end of the day on Christmas day, there is usually an evening filled with disappointment because the gift list still had some wants left on it. I plan to change that. It's not at all about gifts. Most people that would read this already know that. 

As we embark on the stress filled month of December, I am going to relax. I will be finished with this semester in ELEVEN DAYS!!! I will be able to spend the time doing only things I want to do! I am overly excited about that! There is a movie out there waiting for me to watch it from the beginning to the end without interruption! Not sure which movie yet, but it's there. I will also spend my time making crafty things and cooking =) 

This December marks the 'Late 30's' for me. I'm proud of it! I'm in the best shape all around now than I have ever been! Emotionally, spiritually, physically, you name it...I've never been better at it! 

I have also been learning some new choreography for Zumba! I will have at least four (4) Christmas songs on each playlist! I think that is going to be fun!!! 

For now though, it's time for my head to hit my pillow...so I will continue my excitement later!!!

It's called Christmas...what more can I say!

4 comments:

Emily G. said...

I know what you mean about the kids. Last year I started a new tradition where they buy a gift for someone they absolutely know will not be giving them a gift. I've found it a good way to get the focus off of "Me Me ME!!"

Sabrina Lemons said...

That is a great idea!

runnerwannabe said...

That is a good idea. The kids are usually pretty happy and grateful for what they get. Because when they were little, if they weren't grateful, I told them I would take all of their new presents and give them to someone who would appreciate them. I would like to get an angel from the angel tree this year. Not sure if it will happen, since I haven't really even started the Christmas shopping, but maybe? Can't wait to try the Christmas Zumba!!

Jen said...

I think getting an angel from the tree and letting the kids pick out the gifts for it would be a great lesson in gratefulness.