Monday, November 14, 2011

Embrace your 'you'ness

A couple of my pals have been a great influence on me. They are dedicated, hardcore, supportive fitness junkies. I have been blessed to be welcomed into their group with open and supportive arms. Together, four of them worked hard, sweat a lot, supported the life out of each other, and lost a combined total of 50 lbs. Their latest goal is going to get knocked down like a measly little fly in 10 days.  They decided that they weren't going to waste any time. They accomplished their first goal early, so they started a mini-challenge. The challenge for the few days left is to each burn approximately 270 calories a day.

In ten days, this amazingly strong group (Bree's bankers), will embark on a completely new fitness challenge. They have had me PUMPED!!! Each one of them has credited me with influencing them. I promise that if I was an influence, it was completely unintentional. They are always, and I mean ALWAYS, positive and supportive. They filled my sails! I am reminded of the class slogan that one of my sisters had in her senior year, "Look out world, here I come." I have been motivated to stay positive, always looking for ways to be a newer, brighter, healthier me. I decided to Embrace Reasons to Win. And blog about it. Eek!

And then it happened. A couple of turns of events transpired. It was like a ninja hit me. Day by day, the wind began to calm. The storms of excitement began to move. A hiccup here, and a negative burst there. My sails are flat now. And the most recent injury to my back has guaranteed that the wind will be a distant thought for a bit. I lack desire now. It seems to be pointless. Battling an uphill walk with a bitter cold wind. It's amazing how the best intentions can change so quickly.

I'm still searching for reasons to win. I know that this little slump will be a passing thought before too long. But for the moment, the reasons are out of reach for me. I can feel the emotion starting to creep in. I have spent time thinking, reminiscing, pondering. The evil of all things Bree is Facebook. It's a fantastic way to socialize. I love all of the support and encouragement. What kills me are the happenings on Facebook that aren't as obvious. Facebook can kill a persons spirit. One conversation between mutual friends can wound me. A new friend request accepted can cause a wall to be built in seconds. As sad as it is to say, for me, sometimes the lack of communication is enough to devastate my day.

I wish that I could just get above it all. Become untouchable emotionally. Get to a point where the little things don't bother me or build up. This little blog is not a cry for help. I am not asking for an outpouring of support. The motivation behind writing all of this down is to follow the quote "Embrace your 'you'ness". Be it right or wrong, this is me. My husband tells me I care to much. I am too nice to too many people. He wishes that I were more calloused. There are times that I wish the same, however, it just isn't in me to be that way. I will get past this little slump. I have been here before. I was emotionally miserable for quite a long time. I'm sure everyone has been there. And most people make it out just fine.

It would be wonderful to have that small group of people that pull your own head out for you, like Christina Yang. Sometimes, life just seems unfulfilled without a Yang in your life. Now that I have gotten onto rambling and sadness...I will try to turn it around with some quotes that Bree's Bankers have been fostering...

"You wanna be skinny? Then shut up and do your mountain climbers!"

5 comments:

Casey said...

Sabrina! You can make me cry faster than a zumba junkie trying to get her new mega mix out of the mail! Thank you for your kind words about us. Your happiness and enthusiasm for fitness is what got us started.

On a side note, I know that I have slacked off on Facebooking. I find it a negative influence. I am also quick to delete just about anyone who I don't feel is helping me. Maybe you could differentiate in between Zumba with Sabrina and your actual page? Like keep all of us Z-junkies over there, and have your actual friends list much more limited. It might help! (I also find that the positive feelings I get from My Fitness Pal is another reason I use Facebook less and less.)

Chin up! You can do it!

Sabrina Lemons said...

You are an eternal optimist! I love it! Thank you for the lifting up and the kind words =)

Kilee said...

I really like this post. People (like myself) try to please everyone else and it's hard to keep yourself motivated. I'm also very hard on myself if I don't stick to the diet/work out or whatever. It's also really hard when people tell you what you want to hear in regards to motivation (which is typically what I have). Keep up your great work!

(Btw, you met me informally at K&Co when you brought Renee some pants. I hope to try one of your classes one day!)

Sabrina Lemons said...

Hi Kilee! I have seen you on Renee's Lose It profile! Thank you for taking the time to read this! It is always comforting to know that others share in my experiences!

Kilee said...

I like reading all of your blogs! It's nice to be able to read something and know you aren't alone in the world. haha. Can't wait to read more and discuss stuff! :)