Monday, November 7, 2011

Embrace Reasons to Win Day 7

So I skipped a couple of days for my challenge. I am SO guilty of struggling with consistency. This is something that got me thinking. I wonder if there is an app for that? Bwahahaaa...I kid. I kid. But seriously, is there a pill for that? A magic pill that will help me stay on track, focused, and remember the things I am supposed to do?

Five-hundred-thousand doctors out there will tell you yes, there are many pills to choose from to enhance your brain. How the heck is the average Jane supposed to whittle it all down and get it right? That my friend, is the million dollar question.

I don't know. I am NO EXPERT! I DO know that all of the fitness experts that I listen to say that we should all be taking vitamin supplements. Let's face it, if we ate all of the food that "our body needs" to get the amount of nutrition that is suggested, we would all be puking it back up by the end of the day. I mean, seriously, have you paid attention to ALL of the suggested foods in order to have proper nutrition? It is insane! 

Yes, there is a pill for that. It's called a vitamin. I have never been one to be consistent with taking pills (Uhm, hello child number two). I found a couple of articles from some of my favorite sources about the vitamins that active women should take. Women's Day  has a nice short little list to follow. I like simplicity. It makes things go quickly! Livestrong has a few more listed than WD. I know, I know, Lance took some drugs to accomplish his goals. We are all human. The information still seems to be pretty valid so don't give me grief! If you are looking for a highly extensive (nine page) list, that ever so HOT HOT HOT man, Travis Stark is an advocate for Prevention magazine and they have more than I think we need to know on this page!
So, now on my little month long journey, I encourage you to drink plenty of water, pick a couple of things to help improve your life, quit smoking, and take some vitamins! Also, don't be too critical of yourself if you seem to be less than successful at something! I mean, life is pretty stinking short and who wants to spend all of it as a Debbie Downer?

Have fun Embracing Reasons to Win!!!

1 comment:

Jennifer Murray said...

I notice a huge increase in my energy levels when I remember to take vitamin B supplements. (I need to put that on my grocery list!)