Sunday, November 6, 2011

Eek! My bad!

Geez. Only a few days into my challenge and I dropped off. I allowed myself to get overwhelmed with my own situations. Had a fabulous time at the Master Class with Heidy and Armando. It's crazy how our perceptions of images are different than realities! Ashley Bittle pointed out that Heidy is indeed a rather vertically challenged woman. She doesn't seem to be below average on height in any of the pictures that I have seen of her. Also, I imagine Armando is now BEYOND ROCKSTAR for one lucky lady that he grabbed out of the crowd and serenaded in front of all 300+ people! I am beyond impressed with him!

Saturday's Jam session was wonderful! Catherine and Stephanie are amazing with their energy and enthusiasm! They certainly gave us quite a workout, renewed interest in Salsa, and some fabulous routines! 
My husband commented that he is getting tired of Zumba. This is a common problem for instructors. It takes a special man to tolerate and support a Zumba instructor wife. I promise that the instructors are very aware of how blessed they are to have that special man. They also listen to them when they say they are getting tired of being neglected. We start backing off and staying home more often. That is, until the next big event comes along! 

I wanted to do so many things today. I wanted to attend Ashley's (Bittle) class. I want to experience her party! I've been around her at Zumbathons and other Master Class events. I want to experience HER party. 

I also wanted to practice the choreography I learned at the Jam session so that I could bring it to my classes this week. I even bought the music today, knowing that I would be getting half of it from the Mega Mix that should be in the mail soon.
I have school work that needs my attention. And laundry. My room has never been and stayed so messy. I need to buy new shoes. I have SO many things that I need to get done that I am overwhelmed by it all.

I have spent most of the day reading articles (school work) about Steve Jobs. I have learned a lot about him. I have learned things that I can actually apply to my challenge, even though his life is not directly related to fitness.
I'm sure everyone knows that Steve Jobs was a co-founder of Apple. What I didn't know, was that Jobs recruited a top notch executive from PepsiCo. A few years later, that top notch exec played a crucial part in getting Jobs fired from the very company he helped co-found! There are several other ventures that Jobs went through to help get him to the top of the income ladder. 

The key takeaway from the history of Steve Jobs would be that sometimes a person can only be successful through failure. 
How many times have you started an adventure down the path of a healthy lifestyle? 

Were you successful with every attempt?
How long did your success last?

What have you learned from those journeys?
I bet if you pick out all of the things that worked for you, you'd be amazed. And I wonder if it is possible that if you put all of those successes together, would you finally find THE right way for you to be successful?

Have a glass of water and think about it for just a bit =)

2 comments:

Emily G. said...

It's easy to get overwhelmed with so much going on, huh? Sometimes I get so stressed I could cry for no reason, so I'm feeling your pain. I'll pray for you if you'll pray for me :)

Sabrina Lemons said...

You got it my friend!