Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pork & Ravioli Stoup

I was lacking motivation yesterday. It seems to be my daily routine lately. I had a craving for some ham. And creamy soup. Here is what I came up with.

Pork Stew Meat ( Whatever portion is appropriate for your guest list)
1 medium white onion
1 orange bell pepper
1 package (From WalMart) Portabella Mushrooms
2 tbsp minced garlic
1 small container heavy whipping cream
1 box chicken stock
1 stick butter
flour
water
1 package premade ravioli (I used four cheese)
Olive Oil


Not actual stoup because I didn't think to take a picture
I don't measure. Everything above is approximate. Cover the bottom of a pot with olive oil. I used a dutch oven. Chop onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms. Add to hot oil and saute with garlic. Remove veggies and add meat. After the meat is browned, add the entire stick of butter. I never said this was a healthy recipe! Then add whipping cream and flour to create a slight rue. Add chicken stock and water to make into a soup. About 30 minutes before ready to serve, add ravioli and let cook until they are soft. Voila! dinner is ready!

1 comment:

runnerwannabe said...

sounds incredibly yummy! I'm going to have to try this one!!