Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Embrace Reasons to Win and enjoy the ride!

Last year I tried to complete the 'Attitude of Gratitude' challenge. I fell short! I think I made it to "N". I have done a lot of living and a lot more learning since then. This year, for November, I will post 'Embrace Reasons to Win and Enjoy the Ride'! 

Thirty days hath November. It goes without saying, 30 days hath my challenge! Let's see how far I make it!

Day 1 

WATER!!!

I can't even begin to preach enough about drinking plenty of water! Everyone knows it is SO important. Few people make it a priority. Every source that I have looked into suggests that you do the following to make sure that you hydrate well:
drink about half of your body weight in ounces per day. For example, if you weigh 150 pounds, drink 75 ounces of water.

One of my really good friends has a weight loss blog. She likes to refer to common things to give perspective on the amount of weight her group has lost. It does the trick for sure! So I will try the same thing here.

I currently weigh 170lbs. According to the suggestions from my sources, that means that I should drink 85 ounces of water as a base amount every single day. 

I have a sneaking suspicion that everyone that would read this blog is familiar with a bottle of soda. They are pretty easy to consume. Eighty-five ounces of water is equivalent to a measly four bottles of your favorite soda. That means you can have one on your way to work, one with your lunch, one on the way home from work, and one with dinner. 

Most of us probably drink at least that much of our favorite drink every single day! Let's try to make sure that we accomplish this very simple goal for the entire month of November! 

DID YOU KNOW? Japanese researcher and doctor of alternative medicine Masaru Emoto showed that water carries energy and is affected by music, words and prayer. 

The link to the above Did You Know can be found Here

With this in mind, let's also make it a goal to keep ourselves surrounded with positive music, positive words, and positive prayer!


~Sabrina

No comments: